Everybody loves a good bagel with cream cheese. While your local bakery or cafe offers a variety of yummy bagel flavors, there are plenty of ways to add some flare to your bagels at home. Here’s a list of some strange, although delicious bagel topping combinations to try.
- Hot Guac Bagel – Skip the cream cheese and smear guacamole on your toasted bagel. Top if off with a few Flamin’ Hot Cheetos for an extra kick of spicy flavor.
- Truck Stop Bagel – Need an extra dose of protein on your bagel? Try adding some beef jerky and roasted peanuts on top of your cream cheese to create a savory and creamy combination of flavors.
- The Ritz – Instead of the standard cream cheese, substitute pimiento cheese and top with a few crushed Ritz crackers and a dash of hot sauce.
- Onion Lover – Start with a toasted onion bagel and smear on a bit of ranch flavored dip. Cover the ranch dip with some crushed Funions for a delicious snack.
- Nacho Average Bagel – If you’re in the mood for something with a bit of a kick, top a bagel with queso dip and add jalapenos and crushed Fritos. Including a dash of hot sauce will put this one over the top.
Not in the mood for spicy or salty? Craving something a bit on the sweeter side? Here are a few suggestions ranging from a hint of sweetness to a complete sugar overload.
- Peanut Butter and Jam – Start with some raspberry jam on a toasted bagel. Add a bit of peanut butter cereal and top it all off with Reece’s Pieces candies.
- Peanut Butter Puff – Sticking with the peanut butter theme, adding some Cocoa Puffs cereal to a bagel smeared with peanut butter is simple and satisfies a sweet tooth.
- Fudge Sundae Bagel – If you’re craving a ton of sugar with a classic flavor, try a fudge sundae bagel. Spread cool whip on a bagel and decorate with roasted peanuts and maraschino cherries. Garnish with some rainbow sprinkles and hot fudge sauce.
- Banana Pudding – Start with cream cheese and add some banana slices and a few ‘Nilla Wafers.
- Movie Matinee Bagel – Beginning with cream cheese, top with your favorite movie theater snacks. Try Cracker Jacks and Goobers or buttered popcorn with M&Ms.
The options and combinations are endless. Getting creative with this traditional breakfast item can produce delicious snacks and even desserts when you’re looking for something a little less traditional.